Losing level after filling yesterday

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm new to ponds. I redid two ponds in my yard last year. After I replaced the liner, equipment, etc., I filled the ponds and over night lost level (4" approx.). I looked for leaks and redid a few overlapping liner sections. I redid rocks and stuff this week and refilled the ponds yesterday. This morning I found I had lost 4-6" of level. Is this normal (rocks absorbing water) or should I drain the ponds and look for another leak?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you have any filters running? Any connections that may be leaking? Waterfall? That's what I would check first before trying to find something wrong with the liner .

Reaction score
I had a similar problem and damn near drove myself crazy looking for the leak finally I worked my way backwards. Filled the pond with nothing running left it over night it held water. That told me that it was not the pond. Then I turned on my water fall water level stayed the same. Now its not the waterfall then I turned on the stream and water level dropped there was my answer. It took a couple days to wait and see but its methotical and worked for me hope it helps

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
if it is a new liner it should not leak .I have seen people make the mistake and put a waterfall liner under the pond liner or when they put the water fall liner in they do not seal them and water level is higher than both liners and it seeps through .

Ask a Question