Filter Cleaning

Reaction score
Is there an easier way to clean the filter? I spend 20 minutes hosing mine down and beating it up against a wall. is there something I could "soak" the filters in to clean them easier??

By the way, I am new to this site and have a 3500 gallon pond with 6 large koi and 30 or so gold fish. It is very stress relieving....

Reaction score
try increasing the hose pressure with...oh what is it..im having a brain fart right now...its one of those things that go on the end of the hose

Reaction score
I have used a nozzle, but it isn't strong enough...I could try my pressure washer, but that's a little extreme! And yes, it is the filter in the skimmer going to my pump.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If you want a laid back relaxing pond build a 55 gal drum filter
One min your done and relaxing

Reaction score
I hose out my skimmer pad every few days. This way it isn't so dirty and only takes me a minute. I also place a layer of quilt batting over it to catch the smaller particles. I hose the quilt batting out a few times and then replace it (it gets beat up from hosing).

Reaction score
I have to clean my skimmer filter every 2 days, or it takes forever to get it clean. I like the idea of the Skippy filter, however, how would I install it. Could I put it inline with my filter, which pumps from the skimmer weir to my waterfall? Or would I have to install it separate from the skimmer/waterfall scenario? I appreciate all of the helpful ideas.....

Rick Boutte

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
rickst3437 said:
I have to clean my skimmer filter every 2 days, or it takes forever to get it clean. I like the idea of the Skippy filter, however, how would I install it. Could I put it inline with my filter, which pumps from the skimmer weir to my waterfall? Or would I have to install it separate from the skimmer/waterfall scenario? I appreciate all of the helpful ideas.....

Rick Boutte

Install a 2" ball valve near the bottom. When opened, the water exiting will flush out the media. It takes less than 45 seconds for a 55 gallon barrel and only needs to be done every 1 - 2 weeks. You don't even get your hands wet.

Ask a Question