19.2 KB · Views: 311
  • filter1.jpg
    filter1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 265

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I dont think you gain any thing but problems coming in from the bottom of the filter
Same thing over the top of the filter would have a lot less problems

Reaction score
If you come in from the bottom is fine if you have a check valve installed... also is this going to be your only form a filtration???

In other words... what are you using for mechanical filtration?

lee

Reaction score
well am hopeing it will be and i am finking of going in frew the top now i have a 1500 hozelock pump do u fink i will need a larger pump to make up the pressure ov going up the pipe ? and i dont understand what u mean by what are you using for mechanical filtration?

FredrikAnderson

Koi Herder
Reaction score
I think what he is saying regarding mechanical filtration is: If you do as Dr Dave suggested and use plastic fencing, tubes, straps or balls, you will have a good media for the bio filter aspect but to remove solids you usually use something that will physicly hold back those solids from passing thru the filter. Scrubby pads are commonly used for that reason. Something that can strain your water in essience.

Ask a Question