First pond in 11years, and it's a mess. Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ouida, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Ouida

Ouida

Now that is beautiful, I love that you don't have big rocks all the way around, the pavers make it look like you could walk right up to the edge. The use of rocks by the waterfall area makes me notice it more. Far, far more creative then me. How long did that take to do by yourself? Oh and you had lots of liner left, wish I had gotten a little bigger piece now.

Ouida, Apr 8, 2017
    bagsmom likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Ouida

Usman

i think it would be easier for u to work and lay liner if u can clean the mud water inside from a bucket , beside that the clay inside would reduce your depth as u planed

if i have such climate and environment i would spread alot of rocks around the pond deep like 1 foot then more medium to large rock layers and sand on it to built a stable border that do not sink or erode , whatever u do with only using soil clay , with heavy rain u will have issues and sides may sink , heavy rocks or waterfall will sink due to weight when u have wet ground , either go for rocky borders or cement ring .dont raise whole pond , just border few inches to prevent rain water

i didnt get the filter question clearly but u can use a pipe to waterfall? u can dig hole and place filter behind waterfall and let it pour in waterfall ? just the level of water in barre;l shud b above waterfall

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Usman, Apr 8, 2017
    bagsmom likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Ouida

PondMutt

some good images in this string , love that trickletower with milk crates

PondMutt, Apr 13, 2017
  4. Ouida

Waterbug

Poor man's Bakki.

Waterbug, Apr 13, 2017