First Year Pond Person

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Very pretty. I really love your stream and landscaping around it. Makes me want to tear my stream out and rebuild it but not sure my back will let me do that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I have two streams on either side of the main pond area. I really liked the natural look of streams. However, they're both good and bad... The fish love traveling up stream and taking a ride back down into the pond, or heading down stream to hangout under the driftwood stump. my only concern has been with Heron and Raccoons. The fish become much easier prey in the shallower waters. I seem to have deterred the heron at this point and testing a raccoon deterrent at this time that seems to be working. The dragonflies spend all day just running up and down stream. really cool to watch.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Jetz1138 (I will never tire of your avatar). It might take some creativity, but you could construct an unobtrusive "tunnel" over the ponds. I say "unobtrusive," because we all want to maintain the natural beauty..... What comes to mind, as examples: fenced in pedestrian walkways, or the safety netting that covers some water slides.

Of course, a determined critter is just that, but you might be able to deter their activities. Black framing [whether PVC or something else] and a nice netting will blend in.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ask a Question