Fish All Gone

Reaction score
otter? they are pretty bad. A bird would take awhile weeks to get all those fishes out of the pond if your pond is 4 feet deep.

maybe aliens!!!!????

migsly

Banned
Reaction score
symphonic said:
I thought about someone stealing the fish, but we saw no footprints two legged or 4.

If it were a person stealing them, they mighta covered up their tracks.

Reaction score
I know this may not be correct at all, but what about cats? I'm always paranoid that my cats will discover my fish. >,> Fish will get brave and hang around towards the edges and high water and cats are patient creatures...idk tbh but it's always a possibility I guess. :/ More likely aliens tho..:eek2:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
My cat drinks from the pond and watches the fish. He has never tried to catch any of them. My Koi will come over to the edge where he is and he will move away if they get too close.

migsly

Banned
Reaction score
My cat use to act like he wanted to catch my fish but I spoke to him about it and he stopped. He might do what Dr. Dave's cat does, drink out of the pond and watch them, but he doesn't try to catch them anymore. You actually can reason with animals. Just speak to them, using hand gestures and facial expressions and words. They understand them.

Reaction score
My cats drink out of the pond too! I give them both fresh water in their bowls...but noooo they want to climb around the rocks and almost fall in just to get some sips of fish pooey water. ;D

migsly

Banned
Reaction score
You know, you can mix a little tuna in with dry cat food and it will go a long way. Cats love it. My cat does. I buy a can of mackerel or potted meat and mix it with dry cat food too. It's delish. For the cat, I mean. :banghead3: I think it's cheaper than buying canned cat food.

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi, and thank all of you for your kindnesss and encourgment. I did clean out my pond and got three koi. I also found 2 babysurviors in spring which are doing well.

Although my old fish can never be replaced I am becoming very found of the new ones.

Now my problem is algae, boy just cant get rid of it this year.

Thanks every one! I will try to post a photo if I figure it out:

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 274

migsly

Banned
Reaction score
I put a Styrofoam surfboard in my pond and my cat's afraid of it. It moves around with every breeze. It looks alive. Like a white alligator or something. Just to add to this illusion, I stuck 2 shiny tacks on the top of the surfboard to look like eyes. It works like a charm. My fish look like they feel very safe now. They are more active and swim around playing tag.

Ask a Question