All fish are gone

Reaction score
I've only had the fish in my pond for about 5 days, and this morning all 6 were gone. No trace of them, and nothing that looks like a predator got to them. I'm assuming it was some kind of bird. But all 6? What can I do to prevent this in the future??? I'm not getting new fish until I figure something out. My backyard is surrounded by a 6 foot privacy fence, and I'm in the middle of a large subdivision. I've never seen a racoon in my neighborhood, and the fish that I had pretty much swam to the bottom anytime I came near the pond. Help!!!

Reaction score
you put a net over your pond so nothing can get to them. You can go to Lowes/HD and in the garden section you will find bird netting that is black. You can almost not see it. Others also string up fishing line in a zig zag acros the pond to make it hard for a predator to get them.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Why don't you start with two new fish and see how that goes for a while.

Have you checked your water quality? Get a test kit at a local pet store and get your parameters.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Is your water clear all the way to the bottom? When I first set my pond up it was about 75% visability but had no problem seeing them the previous day as they would come up to see me and eat. Well one morning nothing, not a fish in site. I looked and tried feeding but nothing. No sign of anything. I was bummed, went to the fish store and didn't see anything I wanted. That afternoon I was in the back yard and glanced into the pond and all the fish where ther to greet me! I was surprised. They were just at the very bottom and I couldn't see them. This is when they were in the 3-5" range.

Maybe they are hiding hopefully.

Ask a Question