Fish in the winter?

Reaction score
I have had my pond for 4 years with only 2 commons in it, they are getting a bigger home with the in-laws.

My question is, I want to do fancy goldies ie Orandas and such. I want to bring them in during the winter. What are some good ideas for large inexpensive tubs to put them in, i will not do aquariums. I have a huge finieshed basement where they will be housed.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I built a 550 gallon pond in my basement for under $100 but i could make it 750 gallons for $20 more, and a hour or two work. the lumber cost me under $40.00, and the liner is a 14'x14' 20 mil pvc liner i bought at Meijers for$40.00 (end of season clearence). I just brought in my filter and aerator from outside.

Reaction score
Its best if we build our pond ourselves. Than we don't pay any labor and its one more benefit is we know all procedure of pond like its water sanitary system and its depth etc.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
jack skellington said:
Its best if we build our pond ourselves. Than we don't pay any labor and its one more benefit is we know all procedure of pond like its water sanitary system and its depth etc.

although thats true, your wandering off the subject,this is of wintering fish.
and back on subject.... you can use a baby pool, i have one i got at meijers, 250 gallons 6' round,15" deep. I paid $7.00. i keep it for emergencies.

Ask a Question