fish stopped eating

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
My pond is around 600 gallons. I have five 7-8 in gold fish. They have all been there for at least 5 years. They have all wintered over. I kept the disc-shaped ice melter (Unplugged) in for them to hide under---which they did, but came out occassionally to swim around and also to eat. There was some sludge on the bottom of the pond so I added sludge remover. About a 3 or 4 days ago ALL 5 of them stopped eating, not the least bit interested in the food. I added some floating plants about a week ago. They will eat at the floating plant roots. Otherwise, they seen perfectly healthy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1589814689392.gif
@moodybluesfan
Oh yes I remember the Moody Blues, one of my faves from the way back machine :joyful:
As for your fish, most here don't recommend using those pond fixes. They usually just mess up your water quality and shock the fish. I think your fish will settle down and eat again eventually.
If they are acting fine and nibbling on roots maybe they just are rebelling right now about the sludge remover like we did back in the 60's
1589815058376.gif

Ask a Question