Five Hundred Miles

Reaction score
I dedicate this one to all of you here on the GPF! This song pulls at my heart strings and with all of us coming out of winter, it just fits.

To you, my friends, enjoy and seek the freedom of life!

Gordy

Reaction score
I want to tell you about the song "A Winter's Night".

Once upon a time I sat in my little cabin, a very small abode, but made very warm by a wood fire. I sat there alone in the dark, during a hard winter night, very cold.
With a huge blue moon shining down upon the snow outside. Quiet and desolate, removed from the city.

The world outside was aglow with moonshine and everything was silent. Nothing moved, nothing stirred and nothing disturbed the peacefulness of my dream! I sat there at a table
with a kerosene lamp and watched the flame flcker and dance. As I stared at the flame, I played this song
and I, for once in my life
found great peace! The sense of peace that you only detect when you are about to die, but I was not about to die, I was about to live! It was an awakening moment and I finally
grasped the purpose of life! Life is so simple, you don't need to try to find the anwswer, It just finds you.

Gordy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gordon Lightfoot is great and one of my husbands favorite musicians. I think he has every record........yes I said record, not DVD, cassette tape or CD, you know those old fashioned round flat black things that spin round and round.

Reaction score
j.w said:
Gordon Lightfoot is great and one of my husbands favorite musicians. I think he has every record........yes I said record, not DVD, cassette tape or CD, you know those old fashioned round flat black things that spin round and round.
J.W.

If you have this song on one of those "round, flat, black things that spin round and round", humor me and put it on the turntable and strike up a little lantern in the dark and enjoy the feeling!

I would love to have someone else share in the feeling!

Gordy

Reaction score
Catfishnut said:
If you like that, please try this....

Thank you Canada for your native son! Gordon Lightfoot... My namesake!

Catfishnut (AKA Gordy)
I really like this one, hadnt heard it before ,.. need to get this one onto my Ipod:)

Reaction score
Catfishnut said:
As long as I am here....

Nothing is better than this! Not now anyway.
I really liked the first two songs, and was thinking another artist to get added to the Ipod ... Sundown I knew:)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Thanks for the memories, Gordy! I, too, have every song of his on those big black disc things.... and I still play them! :highfive:
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Catfishnut said:
J.W.

If you have this song on one of those "round, flat, black things that spin round and round", humor me and put it on the turntable and strike up a little lantern in the dark and enjoy the feeling!

I would love to have someone else share in the feeling!

Gordy
I and hubby will just have to do that,maybe sit out on the back deck and watch the stars w/ lantern glowing

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
While we're at it, look up "Home from the Forest" Probably my favourite song of all time!
John

Reaction score
I have always loved Gordon Lightfoot - I dont' have any of the round flat things anymore, however, I do have Gordon Lightfoot on CD and programmed into Pandora on my phone.

Great songs Gordy - some of them I know and some I did not. One thing I really loved was the pictures on u tube of the winters' night and the video that is so 70's.

Thank you so much for sharing -

Reaction score
I love lots of old tunes. Many people think I am nuts, but I don't buy that at all, I think THEY are nuts...

Take a ride on the train with me!

Oh Yeah! That sounds good!

Catfish

Ask a Question