j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Koiguy, guess you will have to put a leash on the pleco and let him vacuum the outside for you then :lol:
I have algae on the inside of mine but then I have no plants in there right now :rolleyes:
Never noticed if it was on the outside. I think my goldies prolly pick at it for a snack.

Reaction score
sissy said:
thank god thought I was going to have to prove it to you ,what a relief:lol::lol::lol:would not be pretty ,maybe funny, but not pretty

Hahaha sissy i would have no right to laugh, with the ten minutes it takes me to get the darned thing started and then to lose it so quickly and then to trip over it trying to get it off, if you ask me it's totally not worth it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wondering who invented and how much money they made on the thing .I have seen some really frustrating things invented that seem to be almost impossible for some but others can do it like it is second nature .I have noticed my nieces and even nephews with a hula hoop and have no problems getting it started came to the conclusion if you have no curves you can do it .lol

Reaction score
hahah lol and alot of greese between you lower body joints, i get worn out in a few seconds and i know what you mean deffinatley some things people just try the first time and catch on, for me it was bike riding, i never had training wheels ever, lol i graduated from trycycle to 2 wheeler instantly

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
i have an 18" pieco he likes the pond life....but the alge grows mostly on the outside of the rings...the inside is shaded by the plants................. just curious...does everyone read all the posts? no need to answer this.

koiguy I have read through this entire post and did not see where you state how deep this ring goes if you did I apologize for you having to restate it. I know it floats on the surface but what about the sides of the plastic fencing how deep are they, looks like 4"-6" is this correct?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
actually the 2nd posting tells ya how deep....it says cut a 4" strip long enough to wrap around your ring....but as deep as you like is good.for some plants you may want to go deeper or shallower. but your were right 4" - 6" should accomodate most any floating plant.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i think i will make one about 6' - 8' round ( diameter) instead of using the little ones. tie it off, centered in the pond....big shade, big hiding spot, yep. sounds good!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol talal, floating planter ring envy. I am making one also, but out of floating rope, just to keep the plants together in one area. Maybe then the lil fishes will show their little fins.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The suckers are still hiding...........but we have not been home for a week, so maybe they are showing now that we are not home lol

Ask a Question