Free fish from acidic environment.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
OK NOW YOU GOT MY INTEREST. i am in CT as well and i know well there's few country clubs in ct that are um well shabby.... could be very interested as my water parameters should be very similar as i collect rain water for the pond as well. can you send photo of the pond the catching of the fish may be one heck of a challenge

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a golf course down the road from me that has several koi ponds as decorations. I am friendly with the grounds keeper and he said that he was asked to pair down the number of fish from the ponds. They are beautiful large fish (15-24" long) but are living in a 6.4 ph pond. The pond is spring fed and they all look quite healthy. My pond at home has a PH of 8.1, quite a huge difference. I brought one home, placed it in a side tank and slowly introduced my water (over 24 hours) then placed it in the pond. I found him on the side of the pond dead the following morning, haven jumped out. I have 5 koi ranging from 4" to 11" in the pond currently and test my water thoroughly several times a week. the other possible water difference is that my pond runs about 2200 ppm of salt, and the spring fed water was almost nothing. Obviously the 24 hours was not sufficient, any thoughts on how I can do this without making the fish die?

I test for: GH, KH, PH, NaCl, dissolved O2, ammonia, nitrates, phos, temp. All in healthy ranges every test.
I can take some if that is what they need. Were are you located?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Lsecour this thread was asked back in the early parts of last summer they disapeared.

Ask a Question