Frog in January

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
First winter for our NE Ohio pond and we’ve had weather back and forth from sub zero last week to a sunny 55 today. I was just out cleaning leaves off the netting we put on for the fall/winter and noticed a frog sitting on the rocks. Was it trying to leave the pond or just get sun? Unfortunately the snow and ice still around the edges are holding down the netting and won’t allow it to get out if that’s what it was trying to do.

Attachments

• DCB48A3F-6EF6-4F29-8194-A689DA7C5C5D.jpeg
    DCB48A3F-6EF6-4F29-8194-A689DA7C5C5D.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 149

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Maybe it was out for some fresh air. My frogs love when the sides melt enough to allow them to pop up. They usually don't come all the way out, just stick their heads out of the water, but maybe 55°F felt good to this frog.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Maybe it was out for some fresh air. My frogs love when the sides melt enough to allow them to pop up. They usually don't come all the way out, just stick their heads out of the water, but maybe 55°F felt good to this frog.
Well I know it felt good to me!

Ask a Question