Funding GardenPondForums.com

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I block all ads: I hate them, but would support the forum if it had a donate button that allowed me to put in like $5 when I have it to spare. Some places do the donate option but have a $20-$25 minimum and that prevents me from supporting them. It needs to be possible to do it on a whim, with disposable income, so my suggestion is to allow donors to donate any amount, no minimum. If I could click to donate $2-3 when I had it (preferably via PayPal), I'd do it, but rationalizing dropping $20 in a lump sum makes me ask myself "do I really NEED this?" and then I don't. Make it easy, make it cheap: people will do it.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I agree there, I can do $5 here, $4 there, on good months, but $20 usually makes me back off cause that’s a tank of gas.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How about you do a volunteer donation plan for one year? If that doesn't bring in enough needed revenue, you can change it to another plan. I don't mind at all sending some money to help support this wonderful place!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You can count on my support as well @Ian
smalzaciglia.gif

Abe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4B-5A
Country
Canada
Well, I'll be the first to support ads, and I elaborate, but first lots of appreciation and respect for Ian for running
such a great forum , and since you've done so good its time to capitalise on our thousand/s strong community
and at least try to make it better for all of us , specially for Ian. So yes, i would like to see gardening tools, kubota
tractors webb's offers ads and yes I dont mind selling my lilies on this site. We are big spenders , putting all that
money into our hobbies, why not be better informed shoppers and support our forum on the way?
Any volunteers to start the marketing campaign?

Ad

Advertisements

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Well, I'll be the first to support ads, and I elaborate, but first lots of appreciation and respect for Ian for running
such a great forum , and since you've done so good its time to capitalise on our thousand/s strong community
and at least try to make it better for all of us , specially for Ian. So yes, i would like to see gardening tools, kubota
tractors webb's offers ads and yes I dont mind selling my lilies on this site. We are big spenders , putting all that
money into our hobbies, why not be better informed shoppers and support our forum on the way?
Any volunteers to start the marketing campaign?
Honestly I do have to agree that I enjoy adds on these kinds of things, and would definitely support your idea :)

I honestly probably spend 90% of my income on pond related things, that being said, I still probably spend less than the average ponder...