Funny

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I am fighting a respiratory/allergy type situation and have been coughing a lot. The pollen around here is insane and makes it hard to get work done. I was telling my teenager I was pooped out but still have a lot of yard work and house work to do. Just not the "oomph" to get it done.

He asked me "What if Dad said we should put in a giant pond out in the backyard?"

I said I'd be out there with the shovel in 15 seconds.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Same here!
smlaughing4.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The pollen around here is insane and makes it hard to get work done.
I was miserable when I moved back here from Arizona. Horrible allergies, which I never have had.

We started raising bees, I started eating a tsp of our honey a day, went through around 3 quarts in 6 months. Allergies gone! Make sure the beekeeper is selling their honey, not wholesale honey they are passing off as theirs. Ask ??'s where are your bees, how long have you had them etc.

We have customers that buy our honey all winter, they say it is helping them and their kids with allergies.

Maryland is pollen heaven.

You might want to go to a local farmers market, get local honey. Start eating some. Do not put it in hot water, i.e. tea, coffee, the heat destroys the properties.

It worked for me. I still get the sniffles a bit, but no where as bad as I was when I moved here.

Ask a Question