German castle

Reaction score
Anyone here know anything about German castles on the Rhine? Going through my dad's war photos and I came across this one of a castle. It is hard to make out but if anyone knew the outline of the castle they might know which one it was.

Or does anyone know who I could ask?

Attachments

• rhine castle.jpg
    rhine castle.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 284
Reaction score
taherrmann, I wrote to the people at Marksburg castle and they told me the photo was not Marksburg castle, and it's not a castle on the Rhine. But it's not far from the Rhine valley, close to the river Lahn. It's Braunfels castle between Wetzlar and Weilburg, around 30 km in the south of Frankfurt (www.schloss-braunfels.de).

This is so cool, thank you for link. I put in both pics so you can see them side by side.

Attachments

• Braunfels castle.jpg
    Braunfels castle.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 322
  • rhine castle.jpg
    rhine castle.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 246

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Nova that was a quick response you got, that is awesome. Glad you were able to find the name of it. Maybe one day you can go visit it.

Reaction score
I would love to visit Germany and go to some of the places my dad had been. He also has a photo at the Tiger Royal Factory where they made Tiger Panzer tanks and a photo of a rocket plane at the factory.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Nova; you would love it! The people are probably a lot friendlier now than when your dad was there, and most of them speak English!!! John

Reaction score
With notes on the back of photos I have marked the cities my dad had been in. I don't remember which town it was but I remember a story he told me of entering a town and had an uneasy sensation. He realized it was because the buildings had glass windows. Every town he had ever been in had been bombed or fought in and there was never glass in the windows. Once he got over the strange feeling he noticed how pretty the town was and hoped it would never get bombed.

Ask a Question