Glass Micro Ponds

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
So how many of you have aquariums? Whatcha got? Pictures?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Got 2 aquarium ones 24g 2 silver dollars 3 red eye tetra. 4 trap doors. The other is like 30 or 40g with 20 neon tetras 20 ish trapdoors and some anchorise.

I can pics in a few days need to clean them

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I got nothing! My husband was an aquarium keeper as a teen and we had aquariums when our kids were at home. Now our pond is our big (maintenance free) aquarium!

There is an aquarium forum on the GPF - you may get more response there. @MitchM keeps some interesting aquariums - maybe he'll pop in here!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm following in the foot steps of lisa I had some pretty serious fish tanks both salt and fresh in days past I miss my fresh water tank something fierce. time will tell how the pond compairs to them . so far it's looking pretty promising. My photo the imogee I guess you'd call it was a shot from my tank

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
I'm following in the foot steps of lisa I had some pretty serious fish tanks both salt and fresh in days past I miss my fresh water tank something fierce. time will tell how the pond compairs to them . so far it's looking pretty promising. My photo the imogee I guess you'd call it was a shot from my tank
Wow! Luscious indeed.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Used to keep reef tanks for about 20 years, but gave that up about 10 years ago. Currently have a 220gal fowlr tank (fish only with live rock), hard to find time for even that. The total system probably has about 350 gallons of water in it.

We have a terrarium as well with a pair of electric blue day geckos.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Used to keep reef tanks for about 20 years, but gave that up about 10 years ago. Currently have a 220gal fowlr tank (fish only with live rock), hard to find time for even that. The total system probably has about 350 gallons of water in it.

We have a terrarium as well with a pair of electric blue day geckos.
Then you might get a kick out of this the planted tank I had , had a few twists to it you'd not expect to find everyone said it would fail miserably.
https://www.aquariacentral.com/foru...m-unsure-but-i-think-youll-like.110988/page-1

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Then you might get a kick out of this the planted tank I had , had a few twists to it you'd not expect to find everyone said it would fail miserably.
https://www.aquariacentral.com/foru...m-unsure-but-i-think-youll-like.110988/page-1

Very cool paladarium/bird aviary in the top. The thought to combine a fish tank and bird aviary in one never even would have occurred to me. Very creative way to provide nutrients/ food for plants and fish.

An aside, back in March, I did find a five lined skink sitting on a dividing wall in the sump, hanging on for dear life. That is as close as I got to a paladarium.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I have a 180 fowlr, a 320g dirt planted that feeds an aquaponic system and a 600g blackwater/dirt planted combo.
I've had pretty much everything in-between, hi tech, low tech and use my aquariums mainly for experimenting.
I've kept fw aquariums for about 40 years and sw for about 30.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have aquariums. The thumbnail below is my 90-gallon Archerfish tank. The one pictured is now ten years old and I am still learning how smart they can be!

Attachments

• Archerfish image by Stephen Noble.jpg
    Archerfish image by Stephen Noble.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 164
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
All my tanks are empty of fish right now, I’m using them to catch rain water/ overflow from my raised plant beds. Then I use that to water other plants. It looks like we can expect a drought thus year, so I’m trying not to drain our well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
I have had fish tanks off and on for 40 years, both fresh and salt. I always wanted to try to get a tank that had a balance between fish and plants.
I think I have finally done that with the addition of my bog. I have all the folks on this sight to thank for that. Special shout out to Addy1 for her great bog article. :)

Ask a Question