Goldfish and ponds

Reaction score
Country
United States
there is a pond from my teenage years i used to fish. was loaded. bout a little over an acre. maybe 5 ft deep at the most. anyways years later, no fish. lots of frogs a few large koi. no perch,bass,sun fish. all gone. idk what happend. but i put around 150 goldfish from the pet store in the pond. my question is.what do you think will happen.thinking about breeding guppies and putting them in there as well. thoughts?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Who's pond is this? I wouldn't suggest putting fish into a pond unless it belongs to you. Those few large koi (that someone obviously introduced into the pond) may answer the question as to what happened to the rest of the fish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
its a city pond. belongs to the parks. i dont care about all that. i want to know whats going to happen will they grow big. will they multiply? used to be bass,perch sun fish now there are nothing but a few large koi.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
some states like here it is illegal to put fish like that in a pond unless you own it and it comes with a hefty fine if caught and jail time .goldfish breed like crazy but if fish are gone that means a critter is eating them .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
i dont care about all that.
I don’t know what to say. My first thought is that @TheQuestionMark1020 is a troll. Sorry buddy, but we take the care, health, and safety of our fish, as well as the condition of the environment very seriously. No one can predict what will happen, but in one way or another, nature will take its course....for better or worse. It is not environmentally friendly to introduce non-native critters into a public waterway — and it might even be illegal. You have already noted a shift from what you recall from years past.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1608569209810.gif
@TheQuestionMark1020
I think that whatever happened to all the other fish will prolly happen again. Maybe raccoons, heron, people, who knows. Not sure your park people will be happy w/you or not! I'm leaning toward not tho.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That was my concern... that's not your pond, not your right to go filling it with fish of any kind and in fact it's quite possibly illegal. Your response of "I don't care" doesn't really surprise me quite honestly.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That was my concern... that's not your pond, not your right to go filling it with fish of any kind and in fact it's quite possibly illegal. Your response of "I don't care" doesn't really surprise me quite honestly.
Yep, a troll! Trying to “start something.”

Ask a Question