gotta pay attention!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I just euthanized my freshwater shark yesterday. I did the ice cubes and vodka. I didn't have any clove oil. I need to get some the next time go to the store.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
On the aquarium forum I look at one of the people on there wanted to put the fish out of its misery quickly so he put it in a bag and ran it over with his car tire. I have heard of the clove way and the water with ice cubes method.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If there was and UNLIKE button tmann I'd use it on that post about the guy who ran over his fish w/ his car...........................Ugh!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can't even run over dead animals, that is bad.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
no need to euthenize...and no he didnt pass away...he was still bobbing at the surface this morning...i just went down and i couldnt find him so hes apparently swimming with the group. i see none swimming funny or appearing to be struggling in any way....must of had an intestinal blockage messing with his swim bladder. and it was finally eliminated. funny, i thought of that, and considered it a very slim chance. but since i scooped the poop right after feeding them. he may have had food in his gut and with no water, it may have dried out in his gut..finally loosened up and was evacuated. maybe thats why he was darting around the pond, forcing water down there. ah, who knows? it appears everything is right in the pond again!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yippee the little fellow made it! He prolly heard us all talking about the gross ways to kill him and decided he better perk up real fast!

Reaction score
Great news! Like J.W. said, maybe you scared him back to health LOL

My only thought was, with seperating him, salt, warm water, cold water, that might have been slowing down his progress. I thought he would have had a quicker improvement if you just put him in the pond and let him go. :dunno:

I'm glad everything worked out well.

Ask a Question