Green Jelly-like Algae

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
A bottom diffuser would certainly provide positive results, but it must be sized correctly to the pond. The time needed to achieve clear water and reduce algae growth will depend on the level of accumulation of organic mulm on the pond's bottom.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Hello, I have a pond full of these jelly-like balls of assumed algae? Has anyone seen these before and how do I get rid of them? I have spend hours with a pool net removing them from the pond but then they just come back again. When I remove them from the water they have an texture similar to sand and an appearance like caviar.....help

Your pond is exhibiting the classic result of accumulated debris on the pond bottom, which is providing a nutrient rich environment for the algae to thrive.

The quick fix solution would be treat with D-Solv Pond Cleaner and Algae Control, then to install a 1/4hp rocking piston aerator system (weighted lines) with two large diffusers. Dose the pond with Muck Off, Muck Away or a similar product every 3-4 weeks.

I've serviced many properties with the same problem. This can be cleared up almost immediately.

Ask a Question