Green water - UV clarifier with submersible filter?

Reaction score
So having some green water issues and wanted to get a uv clarifier. Currently have a small pump with submersible filter attached to it. Looking at all the diagrams, I only see a uv clarifier used in conjuction with an external biofilter. Is it possible to use one with my current setup? Possible to go pump -> uv clarifier -> back into water into submersible filter? All are Tetra products from Lowes.

Thanks.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
no 'Tetra Pond" products are sold all over the world. every pond store ive been to sells them.and yes you can run one between your pump and waterfall(s) or where ever your water returns to pond.... looking at the 9 watter?

Reaction score
yeah, looking at the 9 watter from there. Since I have two pumps, one for waterfalls and one for when I have them off which is the one I figure will probably run more - thinking I could connect the uv clarifier to that one and then it just wouldn't be used when I had the waterfalls going. So with this setup, the water flow would be in through the submersible filter, then into the pump, out of the pond to the uv clarifier, and then back in to the pond (just run a piece of tubing back into the water - no waterfall or anything).

Would this work even though the diagrams show it going through the filter directly after the uv clarifier before back into the pond?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
It will work fine until you build yourself a external filter..

Reaction score
Hi,
I have them off which is the one I figure will probably run more - thinking I could connect the uv clarifier to that one and then it just wouldn't be used when I had the waterfalls going. So with this setup, the water flow would be in through the submersible filter, then into the pump, out of the pond to the uv clarifier, and then back in to the pond (just run a piece of tubing back into the water - no waterfall or anything).

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the filter after the UV because I understand that the UV kills the bad stuff and I don't want the dead stuff going back into the pond.

Reaction score
I just got the Tetra 9W UV sterilizer. Strongly recommend putting it after the filter as you dont want large debris going into the UV sterilizer. I'm also using a Tetra BP1500 biofilter and after about 5 days continuous use, it went from a dark thick green to crystal clear.

Good Luck

Ask a Question