Greetings from Central Kentucky

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Hello Miss Tula;
I come up that way often to visit in-laws over in Anderson Township.
Hang in there..... It's gonna be "spring next week" and I predict NO MORE SNOW!
Thank you for your interest in our clubs annual "International Koi Show". The Louisville Koi Show is Saturday and Sunday, May 23-24, which is Memorial Day Weekend.
More information is located here: http://www.louisvillekoiclub.com/index.html This will be our 20th Anniversary Show and is slated to be a BIG EVENT!
If you have too many fish, which sooner or later happens to many of us, I would be glad to have them. Over the years, I run across folks who have had a diester of one kind or another and lost all their fish. I try to have Koi and Goldfish available to give them in order to bring new life back to their pond. When you do your spring clean, gather them up and come down to the country for a little Koi road trip. I will be glad to take them and will let you select something NICE to add to your collection! Please feel free to contact me if you haave questions or need any pond/fish information.
Take care,
Randy Fisher
Springridge Farm
And there in lies the problem...gathering them up! I tried last fall with my husband and neighbor...we looked like totally fools!!! I'm guessing I need to lower the pond water substantially.....please feel free to make suggestions :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hello Miss Tula;
Your guess is correct. The pond must be pumped down. It is near if not impossible to herd and catch fish in a garden pond. My 30,000 gallon formal pond looks like a swimming pool with vertical walls, rounded corners and sloping bottom and I still have to completely drain it to harvest all the fish in the spring. As I mentioned, I have in-laws over in Anderson Township and we visit often. If you are interested, I would be glad to bring some equipment and my transport tank. I would drain your pond remove all your fish and place them into a holding tank. This would also give you an opportunity to do a little pond cleaning. After adding fresh, declored water to your pond you could look through your entire herd and select the ones you want to keep while I rehome the rest. As offered, I would be glad to have you come to the farm and select something new from my collection to add to your pond. We could do this one weekend as soon as it warms up a bit. Let me know if you are interested in discussing further. Randy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome randy and I give lots of babies away each year .I thought I was done with all the ones from last year ,but I brought my lotus plants in for the winter from the lotus pond and looked in the stock tank and there they were .I guess frogs must have carried the eggs on there bodies over to the lotus pond .Frogs have been croaking here for 2 days now .They are coming and I know I will be over run with them again this year

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome randy and I give lots of babies away each year .I thought I was done with all the ones from last year ,but I brought my lotus plants in for the winter from the lotus pond and looked in the stock tank and there they were .I guess frogs must have carried the eggs on there bodies over to the lotus pond .Frogs have been croaking here for 2 days now .They are coming and I know I will be over run with them again this year

I can not keep frogs in my pond because there is really nowhere for them to get in and out. I am thinking about making an "island" and see if I can get a few bullfrogs to move in. On the other hand.... soon we will have thousands of "Spring Peepers" (Pseudacris crucifer) in the wet areas in our woods nest to the house. They are a "small chorus frog" the size of your thumb nail that come early in the spring and sing all night for several weeks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Hello to you in Nicholasville! Yes! I do post on Craigslist. That would be me! If you are thinking about building a new pond or expanding your current one, please feel free to as me some questions. Been doing it for a long time and have worked on lots of ponds. I have a GREAT LOOKING load of Koi and Goldfish coming soon and hope to have my sales pavilion set up by April. I would enjoy having you visit to look at fish and talk about ponds. Please feel free to PM for contact information. Randy
I'm going to take you up on your offer Randy when we warm up a bit. I just today seen my fish for the first time in about a month. My pond had been iced over, but they look great.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hello Randy and Welcome!

We live out west but have many friends in KY, beautiful place, love the Woodford distillery and Makers Mark.

Ask a Question