Guess who is out having fun? (It's ME!) Planning wildlife pond for backyard

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here is an update on the second pond. I'm on hold - again. Or still... I have all the equipment, liner, and underlay. The excavation is complete, except for little tweaks that will happen as I build. The husband has had a corona paycut and we are sending two off to college this year instead of one. I had money set aside for rocks and we were going to go ahead and use it for that. Then -- our chest freezer decided it's tired of living. It is miraculously still hanging on, but we can tell it's starting to crap out. (23 years old!) So now we need to use the rock money for that. I guess I will focus on yoga and weightlifting now, so I will be strong enough to move rocks when I can afford them again. Right now I have lower back and hip issues and get tennis elbow in both arms when I do much of anything. Let's hope I can do the work when the "ship comes back in."
BUY cheaper quality rock and hiring some you guys to do the muscle work. Put a sign out front of your home saying your looking for rocks you never know someone may dig a foundation around the corner and would love to dump them close by compared to trucking across town.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Have you checked Facebook marketplace? Around here, people post rocks for sale. Sometimes they are pretty cheap or free. Of course it may take time to get the amount of rocks you need, but it sounds like you may have some time.

Ask a Question