Guide for pond aeration?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm building a pond around 6000gls and I've got a couple of Aerated bottom drains, however I know nothing about aeration, can someone point to a guide for smaller ponds, how size pump, pipes sizes etc.

In my case the aeration is mainly for water circulation

Most of the guides I'm finding seem to be aimed at lakes not a small koi pond.

Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is a nitto 120 air pump in 6 feet of water hose is below water line for about 18 feet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've doing a lot reading and and watching, with some little help from another forum.

The maximum depth in my pond is around 4 1/2' deep, with the two bottom drains and as you have suggested an air line around the back of the pond. I will put them on a manifold so i can control the air to each one.

I also have the waterfall, wear 4000 -5000 gph will be coming over it.

I've been told 60l/m should be ok, may push it to 80l/m

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
IF your difusing and going over a longer distance it realy depends how much you want , do you want to see a wall or like a waterfall of bubbles or do you want just a bunch of larger bubbles not a mist coming up. i would lean toward the 80 i showed what a 120 looked like now spread it out, you can always tap into the line and make another spot for bubbling maybe even the rhinos when your away

Ask a Question