j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Also watched the news and so much devastation. They said a whole town or neighborhood was wiped out.....is that true? Oh how horrible for all those people. I pray you all stay safe back there in the area's being hit by these storms. Our storms are nothing compared to you all. We mostly just get rain and some wind and an occasional earthquake.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The twisters missed us, ended up with 3 inches of rain in about 3 hours time, ground is like a wet sponge, squishes when you step on it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Addy glad you are ok and just squishy........better than blown away for sure :rolleyes:
We are actually getting some sun right now but possible snow or hail w/ thunderstorms coming later today. I want to get out and do some ponding but dark clouds off in the distance have me concerned about getting started into that project :confused:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had dust storms in arizona, occasionally bad rain, but no tornado's ever!

Kept an eye on the news and one after another warning for our area showed up, all within 4-5 miles of our house. Total of 7 warnings of the 7 3 where forming tunnels, the rest were clouds doing the sky twist.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honey says can happen with any random storm, not usually covering as many states and killing as many people.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I guess you really have to watch the weather carefully there. I remember visiting my DH's sister in Ohio one year and we had to get quickly out of the pool whenever the first sign of a storm was possible.............lightning and pools don't go well together :lol:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is different then arizona, but we did get some really cool lightening storms in there, thunderboomers. Used to sit up and watch it streak through the sky.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mostly here we get some pretty nasty pop up storms but spring summer and fall weather permitting you can get a tornado .Warm air meeting cold air .But you never know but have never seen so many at one time and in so many states .I lived in NJ all my life and only ever went through 2 tornados there

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
More hail yesterday afternoon. This is sick, sick, sick............Boo Hoo where is my Spring..........it's almost May and this has been the coldest, wettest Spring ever :lol:

Look at that poor horse off in the distance.........he wants to move to California
IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Finally a day with no rain, cool and sunny. We had 13" of rain this month, second wettest month on record, only .25" short of the record.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
poor horse doesn't he try to take cover I know I got hit by a hail stone here and have a huge welt on my arm .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The people who own the horse ranch don't provide any cover for them and the hail isn't very big here so it doesn't hurt when it hits you
rolleyes.gif

Ask a Question