j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Bullfrog Good for you building up a nest egg and making sure you can live there comfortably. Glad you found a wonderful builder to help you out and bet you can't wait to get back there and move in. Only 62? You're still a youngster :joyful:

Reaction score
I watched the house being built and it was totally different than construction here. The walls are solid brick about 6 inches thick, the electrician then chisels out his channels and uses a low melting point pvc pipe for conduit. He heats the plastic pipe with a small torch to bend the nineties then runs the wire and stuccos back over it. The plumber does the same for the pipes. Then the masons stucco about a half of an inch inside and out. This results in a very stable, cool temperature like a cave.

It is also very strong. I was laying on the sofa when the floor shook and the lights began to sway back and forth. It was an earthquake, the first one I have ever experienced. A major fault line runs through the Sierra Madre Mountains.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Happy New Year everyone...may 2017 be a year of health, abundance and wisdom, for all:)

Ask a Question