Have a possum in my yard. Yikes

SE18

David V
Reaction score
C&J, great video, nice plants, pond and cute possum; never seen one before that wasn't flat. I think we'd have more animals in our yard if it weren't for our hounds.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Rats are not marcupials there John, so they aren't rats, squirrels are rats, Nutria aren't rats either, But run up on one of those oversized critters and rats and possum look cute!
Don't let those scientists fool you, Larkin, if it looks like a rat, acts like a rat, etc., then it IS a rat! And have you seen a seagull lately? Rats with feathers!!! :cheerful: John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah come on ya don't think these critters are cute?

Did ya know that Opossums have the most teeth of any mammals? 50 of those sharp suckers!

Attachments

• Opossum cute.jpeg
    Opossum cute.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 610
  • opossum teeth.jpg
    opossum teeth.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,402

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think they are cute too, jsut keep fingers out of the mouth

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
Wow, what a pretty pond, deck, yard! We have a possum who lives nearby and have seen him poking around now and then but he is easily twice, maybe three times the size of your Pogo. He makes noises that sound like guitar strings.

BTW - I have a very old (35 years?) campaign button with red white and blue stripes and the famous comic strip fella on it that reads, "I go Pogo". Perhaps now is the time to drag it out of the shoe box! ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had a possum here at spring time and it would hiss and growl at me every time I went outside by the carport there he was .My son used a big trap and we just took him out to a nice farm and let him go .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So now he's out there on the farm pissing a hissy fit at all the poor pigs, cows and horses,lol!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep and hope he is loving it and never finds his way back here .sucker was fighting in the pen all the way out there .I put the cage in the back of the truck and he was biting the cage to get out .nasty sucker

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Maybe he was leaving behind his wife and kids? Or maybe they kicked him out of the nest cuz he was too mean.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The have had a big thing on the news here about more rabid animals this year than ever before in Pittsylvania County .I'm sure not taking any chances .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes sissy be sure to lock yourself up so you don't bite anyone,lol! Hope all your neighbors have their shots
thGrayLaugher.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well my neighbors wonder about me any way .I have 2 neighbors that I talk to more often because they moved here about the same time as I did and all the new ones have told them they wondered about the house up on the hill .They say they always see me outside working and I make them feel guilty .They drive by I wave but I must scare them ,hey that means I got a built in haloween decoration LOL

Ask a Question