Hello All

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
My name is Curb and I just signed up on this forum! Let me tell you about my (boat) pond! It all started bout 3 years ago when I had this 1959 Dorsett Catalina cabin cruzer that a friend gave me, at the time I thought to myself ya I can repair it-but then realized umm no I cant! My first idea was to burry it in the ground partly under a carport so to keep as much debris/weather out of it as possible (my hole was 20 feet long-8 feet across-4 feet deep) it took me all summer to dig by shovel, then to get boat into hole and put a liner in it,then of course add good old fashion water! SO-FAR-SO-GOOD!!! I then realized directly above the carport was a walnut tree and im sure you can guess what happened next! Every time it rains my crystal clear water turns into INSTANT TEA (from all the tannins)!!! Ok well enough about me its time to check out others intros---Curb

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
hand_writing.gif

To our group! post some pictures would love to see that.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and funny but I had a friend with an old boat that cut it in half and made a bar out of it for his nautical themed house in Brick NJ and if he had thought of it he may have tried your idea .Not easy to cut a boat in half .It was one of those old wooden ones not the fiberglass ones .Maybe if you post pics he will come on to see your idea and try it .I wonder are the nuts bad for fish .Gosh must be a pain to scoop them out also .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
do you have pic storage on your puter if you do just go to the right hand corner of the reply to this topic part and click on More reply Options next to post

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Thanx for all the welcomes! I will definatly try and post pics but I do most puter stuff tru my fone-but your all welcome to check out my fb all my pix are there-tho a bunch of ones that are not of the boat as well-just random pix im at curb n gutter on facebook

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have it, but somebody did if for me cause I am still a little clueless on computers.... just got on the computer band wagon a couple years ago and I am still stumbling and bumbling my way around sometimes...

Your boat pond sounds very cool! Can't wait to see it! :fish: :goldfish: :fish2:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Ok this is my 1st attempt at adding pix-dont laugh too hard-and i do love suggestions!

Attachments

• 1102.jpg
    1102.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 216

Ask a Question