Hello everyone

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My name is Jack and I hail from Ashland, Virginia. I'm a native of San Diego, Ca., so the last decade on the East coast has led me learn a lot of new things. I've always been a dog and cat person with the occasional aquarium. Now I'm living with one dog and about 10 Koi in a tri-level backyard pond. I know next to nothing about ponds or Koi but I'm quickly learning, using websites and YouTube videos primarily. But I'm a huge fan of forums, having joined my 1st one in 2003 as a moderator, then several more as an admin. Those were tech forums. This forum I hope will teach me as much about ponds and Koi as those did about PCs and operating systems.
IMG_0464.JPG

Cichlidboy

Dandridge TN cichlids not goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My name is Jack and I hail from Ashland, Virginia. I'm a native of San Diego, Ca., so the last decade on the East coast has led me learn a lot of new things. I've always been a dog and cat person with the occasional aquarium. Now I'm living with one dog and about 10 Koi in a tri-level backyard pond. I know next to nothing about ponds or Koi but I'm quickly learning, using websites and YouTube videos primarily. But I'm a huge fan of forums, having joined my 1st one in 2003 as a moderator, then several more as an admin. Those were tech forums. This forum I hope will teach me as much about ponds and Koi as those did about PCs and operating systems. View attachment 149633
Like the pond and welcome

Moni_Pond

Fish Mom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome! Your pond is beautiful. I am new to this forum but have been on reading for about a year and a half. There is a wealth of wisdom in past posts and I’ve been searching through them whenever I have a question. I am learning so much and the people are kind here. I recently did make a post and realized afterwards that I could have simply searched and found out about the rough spawning behavior of fish. People were kind and still advised me even though it has been brought up before numerous times :happy: . I also have a local pond store that has been extremely helpful.

I hope that you enjoy your pond as much as I enjoy mine!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Came a bit late to this one, but nonetheless, welcome! That pond is simply stunning.

Ask a Question