Hello fellow ponders!!!!

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my pond and waterfall!!!!

Attachments

• DSC_9954.jpg
    DSC_9954.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC_9948.jpg
    DSC_9948.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 295

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow, what a waterfall............that's a lot of rocks.....my aching back. Really nice pond set up you have there :cool:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum !!
Your water fall and pond look Great

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
At least you had a nice useful slope there to build it into and really like the bridge and patio like that .You can sit out there and really enjoy it all .And wow you have a a barrel water feature .All you need there is a fireplace for those chilly PA nights

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
trying to see how you did the barrel and is it waterproof and has it ever caused you any problems with the water quality.So you have a preformed and a liner pond.How do you have the preformed going into the liner pond .Did you just cut a piece out of the preformed or are they just 2 ponds not really connected but look like they are connected.I really love that barrel though

Reaction score
The barrel water feature has never caused me any problems, it's glazed on the outside so it doesn't leak. All I did was cut a whole in the bottom of it (it's terra cotta so it's easy to cut) and my gravity fed filter goes right into the back of it.

As for the prefab pond I used a piece of 2" pvc as a spill way so the ponds are connected. It wasn't really my favorite Idea, but it's what I had and it worked. Also it works well as a settlement chamber ( didn't plan that, but I like to take credit for it :lol: ).

By the way I also have a fire pit just out of sight. I just felt like my backyard wouldn't be complete without one.

-Kyle

P.S. Thanks for the nice comments everyone!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can't believe that barrel is terra cotta I thought it was one of those wood ones looking at the pic .Ahhh you need a real live fireplace made of stone LOL.Did you just drill a hole in the pond and put the pvc or did you use a tank adapter .I have a preformed here from my first pond and wa trying to think of a way to use it with my pond and that may be what I do ,except use maybe abs pipe because it is black .two inch pipe give enough water flow or would a 3 or 4 inch be better .Thinking of try this out thanks.I have plenty of pipes left from build of my house yet so many choices here

Reaction score
I honestly just used a tungsten carbide rod for hack saws and cut it by hand. It cut like butta'. Then I just stuck the pvc in the back and viola instant water feature. The abs is a much better idea and I would consider going up to 3 or 4 inch like you said for much better water flow. Sometimes debris gets trapped in the small 2" so I have to keep my eye on it. Just be aware when you use the 3 or 4" that the water level won't reach the very top and some of the prefab will show...

Reaction score
Thanks!!! Here's two pics I just took...

Attachments

• IMAG0225.jpg
    IMAG0225.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMAG0226.jpg
    IMAG0226.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 237

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone