Hello Friends

Reaction score
It's great to meet folks with a common interest. Thanks for making this site possible. I live in north central Florida and have been a water garden enthusiast for about 6 years. I had my 18X36 foot swimming pool demolished and replaced by my current pond complete with waterfall and stream. My question is this: I want to enlarge my pond by adding additional liner. Since the current liner will stay in place, is it possible to seam the new liner onto the old one since neither will be on a smooth, flat surface? My pond and vegetation is well eatablished and I just can't bear the thought of destroying it all in order to enlarge. Any thoughts?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum ....Rainman
what kind of liner do you have in your pond ?

Reaction score
I'm new to ponding this year, but I recall looking into seaming pieces of liner together from my larger pond to use in my smaller upper pond. In the end, it was cheaper just to buy a whole new liner (for 45 mil EPDM, that is). I feel little more comfortable that way as well, not having to worry about things eventually leaking at the seams.

Reaction score
You're probably right dhawley. I just hate the thought of totally destroying the pond. My entire pond, walls and floor are covered with rocks. Besides a ton of work, all the plants that are thriving will have to be uprooted. Oh well, I should have made the contractor do it right the first time.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Great opportunity to get rid of those pesky rocks that are causing your fish to swim in their waste and other decomposing stuff.

Ask a Question