Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The Jucheck.exe is part of Sun® microsystems components, it is
in fact the Sun® Java UpdateChecker Module. If any antivirus
program is complaining about the file, please paste the virus name.
As far as known, it shall not be a virus.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I looked at them and had no problems either but I know there has been a warning put on the web about pic hosting sights and virus's .Google had it on there sight warning people an hour ago and bing put a similar warning .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh sun java updates sometimes do that to my avast .I don't know why .But avast will block java every once in awhile .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
The anti virus program activated, but nothing showed up on webroot, Norton or malaware. I can't get it to shut down, Do ya'll think it's Java and would be OK to allow????? I hate this!! Not knowing what is trying to download, makes me extremely nervous!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mine has a box to click to see what is trying to activate .It just says you can click to see what new updates are available .I just updated java this morning

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You can always say no fishin, but from what i read it is a java update.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Well, it wasn't java, I've been having pop-ups ever since this thing showed up. I've done everything I know to do to clear it off, and every 5 -8 minutes I get another pop up of one kind or another and it's three different ones. One is a antivirus scan that says you have 20 trojans blah blah blah. When I shut down to night I'm going to to a complete clean and reboot in the morning. That can take hours so I'll let it run then shut down completely and reboot in the morning.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh fishin, sorry you are having all this trouble w/ your pc. Hope you can get it all straight by morning :regular_waving_emot

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
fishin4cars said:
Well, it wasn't java, I've been having pop-ups ever since this thing showed up. I've done everything I know to do to clear it off, and every 5 -8 minutes I get another pop up of one kind or another and it's three different ones. One is a antivirus scan that says you have 20 trojans blah blah blah. When I shut down to night I'm going to to a complete clean and reboot in the morning. That can take hours so I'll let it run then shut down completely and reboot in the morning.

do a restore point, go back to right before you clicked on the link, most of the time that will remove anything that got into your pc.

Usually you can find restore in your accessories.....system tools............ I have used that in the past to save my pc a few times.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
addy1 said:
do a restore point, go back to right before you clicked on the link, most of the time that will remove anything that got into your pc.

Usually you can find restore in your accessories.....system tools............ I have used that in the past to save my pc a few times.

Sounds good, BUT I don't have the first clue how to do that! LOL, I wouldn't even know how to begin locating where I was when this happened, Only keep about 10-15 tabs open at a time, I'm guessing I would have to back each one up to that point in time?? Anyway, after doing a defrag, disk clean-up, running a advanced virus scan, and re-starting this morning so far so good, all is running fine. From now on I won't be hitting links for pictures. I don't know what it is about me and picture hosting sites but I do have someting going on that doesn't want me using them! LOL

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
fishin4cars said:
Sounds good, BUT I don't have the first clue how to do that! LOL, I wouldn't even know how to begin locating where I was when this happened, Only keep about 10-15 tabs open at a time, I'm guessing I would have to back each one up to that point in time?? Anyway, after doing a defrag, disk clean-up, running a advanced virus scan, and re-starting this morning so far so good, all is running fine. From now on I won't be hitting links for pictures. I don't know what it is about me and picture hosting sites but I do have someting going on that doesn't want me using them! LOL

Go into all programs, click on accessories, click on system tools, click on restore, pick a date before this happened. It will only remove any proggie, etc that has been loaded . It will not remove emails, pictures etc.

do you have win7? I have xp, but can look at hubbies win 7 to path you if you wish.

A very useful thing to know if you load something that hurts your pc, either you load or it loads itself.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have windows vista, BTW it sucks! Everything is set up different than windows XP and windows 7. But I'll try and see if I can do that through it and see what happens. Thanks!

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Addy, when I go to all programs I can't even get in Accessories and systems tools.
I can get into systems tools by going through the help and search but there is not a option to restore there.

Ask a Question