Hello from Michigan

Reaction score
Just popping in to say hello, recently purchased a new home which included a pond and have lots of questions. Ok! On the to the newbie area :)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Hey there TekWarren... i'm a Michigander also.... grew up in Warren, 11mile & Mound. i'm out in Macomb now. glad to have ya with us!

Reaction score
Thank you so much! We are in a smaller area town/area Twin Lake, I work in Muskegon (Norton Shores) but grew up in Newaygo County. I work in IT for a school district so this great new responsibility that intend to make a hobby will do well to keep me away from technology (somewhat lol) when I'm not at work.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomefall7.gif
TekWarren

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and hopefully you will have a mild winter so you can become more accustomed to your new pond .

Reaction score
Well first of all where do you get them? And how do you down load them onto photobucket? Isn't photo bucket just a place to keep your pics and stuff? I should say, I'm doing this from an iPhone or iPad. I'm so confuzzled :wacko:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok then there lies the problem. You need flash video for them to work and iphone's and iPads don't use them. You need a regular computer or laptop w/ Adobe Flash installed. If you have one of those then I can help otherwise a big no,sorry.

From Wikipedia:

Mobile operating systems

Adobe Flash Player exists for a variety of mobile operating systems, including Android (since version 2.2[sup][38][/sup]), Pocket PC/Windows CE, QNX (e.g. on BlackBerry PlayBook), Symbian, Palm OS, and webOS (since version 2.0[sup][39][/sup]).
There is no Adobe Flash Player for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch). The iPhone accounts for more than 60% of global smartphone web traffic and the iPod touch makes up more than 95% of "mobile Internet device" traffic[sup][citation needed][/sup]. This hurts Adobe's ability to market Flash as a ubiquitous mobile platform. However, Flash content can be made to run on iOS devices in a variety of ways:
  • Flash content can be bundled inside an Adobe AIR app, which will then run on iOS devices. (Apple didn't allow this for a while, but they relaxed those restrictions in September 2010.[sup][40][/sup])
  • On March 8, 2011, Techradar reported that Adobe provides an experimental server side tool (Wallaby) to convert Flash programs (as far as possible) to HTML5 code, thus allowing iOS devices to display the content.[sup][41][/sup]
  • If the content is Flash video being served by Adobe Flash Media Server 4.5, the server will translate and send the video as HTTP Dynamic Streaming or HTTP Live Streaming, both of which can be played by iOS devices.[sup][42][/sup]
The mobile version of Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Phone does not support Flash.[sup][43][/sup] The IE9 web browser on Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 ('Mango') does not support Flash either.[sup][44][/sup]
On November 9, 2011, Adobe announced[sup][45][/sup] that it will no longer develop Flash for Mobile Platforms and is planning on developing new products with more open technologies and standards like HTML5.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Guess that is why my lappy is still xp operating system, works well, speedy so why upgrade or even sometimes you end up downgrading when you up grade.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I found out internet explorer is not compatible with my old vista after I upgraded it .I think they try to screw up your puter so you buy a new one

Ask a Question