Hello from the High Desert - Long Post Lots of Pics :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pecan I've never seen anything like that before and I'm simply amazed w/ delight! We should make some cross country things like that from the good ole wet Pacific N.W to send to all the dry parts of the U.S............I mean we must have tons to spare!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wow what a change ,amazing you started with nothing but weeds .Nice you made a doggie walk out there .That was a really neat dig too .You really brought up the value of that property alot .I would love that garden .Still amazed that is the same property ,I looked back at the beginning pics at least 3 or 4 times .AMAZING GREAT JOB

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats a good idea tmann would love to see how that works .I have heard of farms doing that to trenches in there fields in NJ and know my dad used to divert the natural spring to flood the gardens but really never got to see what was going on ,just running around like mad trying to make sure the water went where it was supposed too .Alot of work to do 5 acres of veggie gardens .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'll do that. We normally start using the water around the middle if May and continue to use it through Sept.

BTW, thank you for all the nice comments. :) I really enjoy yard work and spending time out there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I like your doggie too cutie pie for sure

Cuttie pie to be sure and bratty ohhhhh is he bratty LOL. He thinks he has to protect my husband from the cats. He doesn't think the cats should be able to sit on laps. But the cats ALWAYS out smart him. We keep telling him he needs to take a step back and think about what he is doing wrong instead of continueing to do the same thing over and over and expect different results. LOL He doesn't seem to listen.

Your little Pee Wee is adorable too. I told my husband that with the size of our yard we could easily hvae a heard of Chihuahuas... Haven't sold him on the idea and my Siamese is still so angry about Leo (4 yrs later) that I am afraid if we got another one he would commit harry caray. LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I want a couple more of them and was going to adopt pee wees bro. but now her husband is not going away but for 2 months until the other guys wife has her baby here .The adoption process here for the shelters that have chihuahuas is stupid .I have a pit bull also and they just don't want to take the chance but king arthur is just a gentle chicken .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I showed my husband those pics and he said "that Chihuahua OWNS that pitbull" LOL.

I had a pit for 12 years and he was a gentle giant, may he rest in peace. I miss him.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Here's a couple Pics.

dagonfesterandlucifer.jpg

dagoninbed.jpg

dagonandluciferintheaves.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I've known quite a few people with Pit Bulls, and they have all been wonderful pets. They get a bad rap on TV stories, but like every breed, there are good ones and bad ones. Same with even the small breeds. People breed for mean, or people breed for nice. You just have to find the right breeder for your type of dog. Love your pics, Pecan. My Boston is small, maybe smaller in weight that her buddy, Tarzan, but they sure are buddies, both getting the better of the other at times.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sweet pics pecan and do you all ever watch the shows on animal planet, one called Pit Boss, one called Pit Bulls and Parolee's and just watched a new one called Street Dogs which was quite sad to watch but gives you a wake up call on what is happening in Los Angeles in a certain area there. Don't know if this was a one time show or a series.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Dang, that sure sucks! There are way too many strays in the big cities, looks like. You don't see that around where I live in the small cities or towns. We do however have people dump dogs in the country, and they have no garbage cans to rumage through for the most part, and learn to be wild dogs very fast. Those that survive typically breed with the coyotes and live in packs. It's really sad, because people start shooting them, as they will come and kill pets that are tied outside, anything to get to their food. And, no need trying to catch them once they have become wild, as I've tried!

Ask a Question