Hello from TN.

Reaction score
doesnt look like weve done a whole lot but we moved some dirt today! whew..my back hurts...put an old pic next to the new pic for comparison..intentions are to just make it about 3-4 feet longer and maybe 6 inches deeper and take out the ledge on the inside..more digging tomorrow..then off to the chiropractor at 2...lol.. the last pic is the supervisor..ha...

Attachments

• SANY1671.JPG
    SANY1671.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 188
  • SANY1679.JPG
    SANY1679.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 207
  • SANY1668.JPG
    SANY1668.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 206
  • SANY1686.JPG
    SANY1686.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 179
  • SANY1674.JPG
    SANY1674.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 224

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I can so relate with the back hurting. LOL My pond has only had water in it a week, and I love it so much. I have read so many other threads on here and have really enjoyed seeing how others do things. I'm anxious to see yours also. Keep the pictures coming.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think the supervisor needs a whip to make you work harder .I think he is slacking there .That be looks a little too comfy he laying on

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
  • Thankyou..was looking at your link of the your planned pond..did you build it yet?

Still have some minor stuff to do on it, ow it is done, not that any pond is ever done.

Nice supervisor, keep on digging when you are done you will be so pleased that you did it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forums! That's a nice looking pond you've got there, it certainly looks worth all the hard work that has gone in to it!

Reaction score
Thankyou Becky, I believe addy1 is right, a pond is never done ..ive been working on this one since nov. of 2009..always changing something..and I finally found your pond pics addy1..still learning how the site works..

Reaction score
ToniJ how big are you making the pond? Looking good.

Eeeehh...not sure how big it is now..lol...i'm at a standstill with it, the standstill of discouragment really, I havent even taken measurements of it..we just dug, dug, and dug some more. It's not a monster pond but bigger than it was..

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine is the size it is, cause I got tired of digging, can totally understand. And I was using a tractor.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Hang in there Toni it will be worth all your effort. Not sure if you will be in the Jackson area this weekend, but Carter's Nursery is having a Spring Pond Expo on Saturday. Supposed to be giving all kinds of pointers on ponding. Best part is that it's free!!

Reaction score
Hang in there Toni it will be worth all your effort. Not sure if you will be in the Jackson area this weekend, but Carter's Nursery is having a Spring Pond Expo on Saturday. Supposed to be giving all kinds of pointers on ponding. Best part is that it's free!!
Thanks for the info even though i just got it..lol..a friend from work told me about it but im sure i had to work that weekend..the first few months of the year is busy where i work..i'm still at a stand still with my pond build..rain is washing some of it away. am going to have to mud it back in so to speak...if it ever dries out..have tadpoles in the bottom of it now..oh lord, stresses me out just thinking about it...

Ask a Question