sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My pond is 8x14 with 2 filters and 2 waterfalls and I have 13 fish some koi some goldfish and 2 fantails .I'm proud I did it by myself and I have not had a fish die on me yet after all these years .I started with a small preformed and then built this because they out grew the preformed one really fast .I have to over filter because of the amount of fish ,but the pond is a little over 4 ft. deep and then one part is 3 ft. deep with 2 single plant shelves and 1 double plant shelf.I have 2 pumps 1 is 1268 gph and the other is 940 gph and they will get change out for the new pond smart pump I got at lowes ,uses 20% less electric and has an automatic turn off in case of low water .1 of my filters is a plantainer from lowes and the other 1 is a large doubled up tote

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My pond is 8x14 with 2 filters and 2 waterfalls and I have 13 fish some koi some goldfish and 2 fantails .I'm proud I did it by myself and I have not had a fish die on me yet after all these years .I started with a small preformed and then built this because they out grew the preformed one really fast .I have to over filter because of the amount of fish ,but the pond is a little over 4 ft. deep and then one part is 3 ft. deep with 2 single plant shelves and 1 double plant shelf.I have 2 pumps 1 is 1268 gph and the other is 940 gph and they will get change out for the new pond smart pump I got at lowes ,uses 20% less electric and has an automatic turn off in case of low water .1 of my filters is a plantainer from lowes and the other 1 is a large doubled up tote

What size liner did that take? I was looking at a similar depth for my rebuild/new pond project this year, and was trying to figure out the width and length for a pond that would be 10 X 8 or 9 and have 3 ft and 4 ft deep sections with vertical walls to that depth on three sides and a plant shelf on on of the shorter sides (was looking to do "hanging basket type planting on the other short side as well).

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
18x20 so I had a little extra and the water fall ones are 10x12 ones.The 18x 20 fell short on length wise so I just added one over top to make the waterfall and left a little extra up there because I wanted to make the water fall wider and longer this year

Ask a Question