Hello! I'm Hillary

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

I'm Hillary. I have had my little pond since the fall of 2009. I tried building it myself starting on July 4th, but after many weeks and many failed attempts, I finally broke down and hired a contractor. LOL. I'm glad. They did a much better job than I could have done myself. The pond is only about 60 gallons with a four-foot waterfall stream and cycles 2160 gph. I grow water lillies, monkey flower, thyme, and a few other plants. Attached is a photo from last year. This year I added two goldfish and incorporated biological filtration media.

Thanks for letting me join the forum. I have lots of questions to ask, so you'll be hearing from me soon!

Hillary

Attachments

• DSCF0406.JPG
    DSCF0406.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 310

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and that is a really pretty pond and the plants along the side really blend in nice .It looks like the hills of Ireland ,green and lush

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard Hillary, I love your water fall, The plantings and the rock work really compliment each other very well and look so natural. I'd love to see pics of your lilies and plants, for such a small pond that really looks nice. Glad you joined in the fun.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome Hillary! I am in the Salt Lake Valley as well (Midvale). It's good to see another local ponding :) Your falls are very pretty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Hillary, Welcome. You have a very pretty water feature. The company you hired did a nice job. Everyone here is glad to help you with any information you may need.

Ask a Question