Hello ALL I'm new here!

Reaction score
Hi ALL...My name is Johnny new to this forum, and new to the Koi ponds! Actually I'm currently building my first Koi Pond. The shape is a kidney shape measuring about 8' x 17' about 4' deep. I started this project about a month ago, since I've dugged the hole just me and a shovel. Lots of rocks and my back hurt...but thanks to pain killers...LOL

Anyway, this past saturday I finally finish the hole, dropped 3 bags of play sand, underlayment and finally the liner (45MIL). I had purchase a complete pond kit, skimmer (Savio), waterfall, pump (Savio), UV Clarifier, pump & chemicals. Also have purchase a HBV-21 HydroBead Vortex™ Filter rated for up to 5000 gallons.

The liner is in but because of the rain, will wait until Saturday to straighten the liner, and hopefully attach it to the skimmer and waterfall. In the hopes to start filling with water.

If you have any feedback, or I would appreciate!

Best regards,
Johnny
Retired Gunnery Sergeant, USMC

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and number 1 thank you for your years of serving your country and protecting all us women folk and children so we can grow old safe and sound THANK YOU . :razz: i GUESS A LOT OF US HAVE MEANT MR SHOVEL .We can all still feel the aches and pains and thrust me when you are done you will just love it .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh so many areas of PA I never knew .I was born Chester PA and raised to the age of 4 in Berwick and Benton

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcomefromgang4.gif
to our group, glad you joined!

post some pictures when you can, we love to see

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hope you thought about electric because you will need a circuit or 2 for the electrical things Gfci and remember if you are paying someone always have extra outlets put in and make sure you have enough empty spots in your breaker box .I have a 200 amp service for the house but a 100 amp service for the basement and I use 2 breakers 15 amps each .and i have 8 outlets just in case and they must be in use boxes .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Outlets by the pond will need to be gfci for wet areas or you could get shocked and circuits in your panel box where all your breakers are .

Ask a Question