hello newbie here. pond stock?

Reaction score
Sorry I have no idea how this site works and was expecting to get alerts.

Attachments

• DSC_0530.JPG
    DSC_0530.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC_0498.JPG
    DSC_0498.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 299
Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll be looking into getting some. I'm barley starting and hoping next year to be able to make a larger cement pond with a turtle island ;)

Reaction score
I have to tell you, it's a tough call for me on keeping fish in those small tubs or not. I imagine the water gets quite warm being so shallow? In the 50 gallon tub you could keep up to 2 goldfish, including comet, common, sarasa, shubunkin, oranda, ryukin, fantail and any other type of goldfish. In the 128 gallon I would suggest 3 fish to start. What I would do is monitor temperature and ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels and see if they are appropriate for keeping fish. Welcome to the forum and keep in mind a lot of peoples posts are just educated opinions meant to help, but are not always the only way to do something. I'm sure some people could keep 6 fish in the 130 gallon but I'd prefer 3.

Reaction score
I have to tell you, it's a tough call for me on keeping fish in those small tubs or not. I imagine the water gets quite warm being so shallow? In the 50 gallon tub you could keep up to 2 goldfish, including comet, common, sarasa, shubunkin, oranda, ryukin, fantail and any other type of goldfish. In the 128 gallon I would suggest 3 fish to start. What I would do is monitor temperature and ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels and see if they are appropriate for keeping fish. Welcome to the forum and keep in mind a lot of peoples posts are just educated opinions meant to help, but are not always the only way to do something. I'm sure some people could keep 6 fish in the 130 gallon but I'd prefer 3.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind :)

Ask a Question