Hello to all

Reaction score
Just found this forum last night and decided to register.

My wife and I have had a two tier pond going on our 4th year. It was their When we purchased the house and was a mess. (the house had not been lived in for about 6 months) I learned a little and got it running on the pumps and bio filter that came with it and had a fairly successful first year. Over wintered with the heater that was in the garage and kept our filter pumps running... things were going well... Second year was even better, pond was balanced, lots of plants fish reproduced, Third year started out wonderfully... Looked better than the second, Then the heron found our pond... and then a raccoon... Got a handful of the fish but for the most part they were able to hide... Then in the late fall one of our pumps must have shorted out blew the Circuit and put and end to our remaining fish... They (the pumps)looked ok at the start of the spring when I checked them but I have no Idea how old they were (but probably pretty old)

We let it sit over winter, and did a full clean out in the spring. Purchased new pumps that are better sized for the ponds (and now I know how old they are!) got it running re potted all the plants. Gave it some time then we added 4 small goldfish, waited another month and then we added 2 larger golds and two smaller koi...

So that is where our pond stands today. I plan to add some pics later of previous years and what it looks like now.
Besides our gardens we also enjoy running the smoker and hunting/playing with our dogs- a lab and a britt-

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
nice story.......i got into ponds because i didnt like the big round sand circle where the pool was, and that had to go cause i got tired of maintaining it and spending all the money on chemicals for it when it seldom got used! welcome aboard my freind!!

Ask a Question