Hello were in western NC

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live near the foothills of the Appalachian mountians, Im retired and just bought a 8'x2' steel stock tank from Tractor Supply Co, I am converting it to a backyard goldfish pond in hopes I can breed goldfish to supply a unused 1 acre farm pond that has become over run with watermeal and some duckweed. I have been told only crass carp and goldfish will eat this stuff, so we will see if this is true.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and you may want to check with the game warden because some states don't allow you to stock a farm pond with anything but native fish .Those steal tanks may not be a good idea for fish .Pretty but not fish safe most times

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
default_welcome38gk.gif

Would love to see pics as you progress. A steel stock tank pond interests me tremendously.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome! I love those part of our beautiful NC state! My in-laws live there as well.
You dont need to breed goldfish :) They will multiply themselves lol. Also please be sure to check first, they are invasive and should not be in any pond/lake that may have runoff to natural waterways.

But i say... get ducks!!!

Ask a Question