hello.

Reaction score
hello pond forum, I've posted here before, but its been a while, so I might as well re-introduce my self.
I'm the age of 13, I was 12 when I last posted? don't know.
I live in the state of maryland
I am sensatitive.
I like to play PC games, I guess you can call me a "gamer baddie"
I have a quite large pond I did my self, and I will have a video up hopefully, tormarrow?
I decided to get back into posting because it's summer, and it's koi time.
I have one fish, and I had 12 at the begining of last year, my pump I had at the time, shorted, and killed all but one, and need-less to say, he is huge now.
I like to help my family, all though I've become snobby because, well, I'm a teenager.
I am in the "up-er" placement classes, as in above grade level, and I type and use grammar correctly, I hope. I hope you learned something from me, and I hope to have a good time posting again, thanks, bye.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welkomback1-1.gif
Zack

Reaction score
thanks guys, it means alot. I was hoping to clean out my pond today, but I don't have the vacum filter I need to suck water out, bcause I have a hard liner, so I use it and get rid of ALL the dirt etc.

Reaction score
oh, and fishin, I might need help, my pond is leaking like... 30gl/h and I don't know why. no holes in my pump hose, and me and my dad just resiliconed my entire waterfall, and this is annoying, because Its summer, and I want to take my koi out today, take pictures, clean the pond, and put him back in. I will have a video soon

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
ZackThePondMaster said:
oh, and fishin, I might need help, my pond is leaking like... 30gl/h and I don't know why. no holes in my pump hose, and me and my dad just resiliconed my entire waterfall, and this is annoying, because Its summer, and I want to take my koi out today, take pictures, clean the pond, and put him back in. I will have a video soon
Finding that large of a leak shouldn't be that hard, where is the water going? wet ground, water around a waterfall, or stream bed.
This is where I get disturbed, You want to take the koi out clean the pond and put him back. this is not the recommended way to care for a pond, either I would recommend against this or you need to tell me more details of your plan and why. I remove a fish from the pond for one of three reasons, because it died, or it needs medical treatment, or it I'm selling or moving a fish to a new home. If your pond is working properly you should onley need to clean the pond just before you start feeding in the spring and maybe laye in the fall to prepare for winter.

Reaction score
well, One, I don't know if moldy leaves has something to do with this, but he wont eat, and he isn't very active anymore, and it's plenty warm in maryland. (sorry, not very wise with it comes to fish), and I didn't clean in spring, or winter. This water is old, and it's merky, and, My pond is on a slope (I will have a video up on youtube later) and it gets run off, so theres about an inch or more of just sheer dirt on the bottom. I have a hard liner pond, and me and my dad found at the peak of my waterfall, water was getting under the rocks into the liner, and comming out under the liner of the first small 50 gal container, we patched it, and re-siliconed it, and it loses MORE water now. I am getting quite bothered by this, because it's a waste of water, and I want my koi for the summer. sorry for being a rookie, consider I am only 13. :/

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Take it slow zack everybody here will help you get things back in shape.

Ask a Question