help with green water please

Reaction score
I installed this coolaroo shade sail 17'6" square early in the season without hesitation it is one of the best things I've done for my pond. Koikeepr mentioned Overstock.com as a good place to purchase shade sails. There are several sizes, colors & shapes, I bought mine from backyardcity out of Memphis.

Attachments

• shade sail at work.jpg
    shade sail at work.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 249
Reaction score
DrDave said:
Regarding tinted water, you can remove color with activated charcoal filters. If you want immediate results, take the advice I gave a few posts ago. The one time I had pea soup, I cleared it in 48 hours after activating my Doc Filter that had 7000 cut tubes in it.

how long do charcoal filters take to work then?

there is a bio filter in the pond setup but i assume that isnt big enough?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Every pond is different. Let me share with you my experience with AC. I had an 80 gallon tank filled with tinted pond water. I replaced the AC in the filters and 2 days later it was clear.
Your answer lies in: Volume - flow - size of AC filter - degree of color to be removed.

We are not psychic.

Reaction score
Have you tried adding some water hyacith or water lettuce. I recently added those to my pond and put a net under them so the koi can destroy the roots. It has really helped my pond.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Every pond is different. Let me share with you my experience with AC. I had an 80 gallon tank filled with tinted pond water. I replaced the AC in the filters and 2 days later it was clear.
Your answer lies in: Volume - flow - size of AC filter - degree of color to be removed.

We are not psychic.

okay so its well worth a try if you add enough.

Reaction score
3qtkidz said:
Have you tried adding some water hyacith or water lettuce. I recently added those to my pond and put a net under them so the koi can destroy the roots. It has really helped my pond.

okay i see this on youtube. i need to work out the amount i need

Ask a Question