Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here I go again losing fish. 3 months into fish and they're dying off. I have no idea why. This happened last yr and I lost them all. Pond is clean, running waterfall only have 4 shubunkins

Reaction score
Country
United States

Attachments

• 20230811_115043.jpg
    20230811_115043.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 30

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Using any chemicals, changing water, runoff into pond when it rains, added any new fish lately or plants or snails etc. Did you get all your fish at the same time and place? Could be they had some kind of illness and it took this long to pass it on to each other? I am just guessing tho as it could be so many things. Sorry this is happening to you and your fish. How do the fish act before they die and what does their body look like? Any signs of disease or anything weird?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Using any chemicals, changing water, runoff into pond when it rains, added any new fish lately or plants or snails etc. Did you get all your fish at the same time and place? Could be they had some kind of illness and it took this long to pass it on to each other? I am just guessing tho as it could be so many things. Sorry this is happening to you and your fish. How do the fish act before they die and what does their body look like? Any signs of disease or anything weird?
I don't put any chemicals in. No runoff as its a flat surface surrounded by patio. I got them all at same place. A few days ago acting normal, eating chasing each other. Then today sluggish and won't eat. One died in pond last week. I removed other roday and it just died a well. I am at a loss to what could be wrong

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lovely pond.

Could you please post the actual numbers for your water tests? That would help us a lot to know what is going on. Are you using liquid tests or strips?

Also, did you test for KH?

Does your pond have any air being pumped into it?

Thanks for answering these questions.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@MermaidTracy Questions we usually ask:
  • size of pond
  • how long has it been up and running
  • any recent water changes
  • how many and what kind of fish
  • do you use any chemicals
  • what is your filtration
  • results of water tests — actual results! ”good,” or “OK” doesn’t tell us anything
  • have there been any recent changes (such as adding new fish….)
  • any chance of water run-off from your yard (could be fertilizers or pesticides that you aren’t aware of)
  • what is your location/weather/climate
  • water temperature

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lovely pond.

Could you please post the actual numbers for your water tests? That would help us a lot to know what is going on. Are you using liquid tests or strips?

Also, did you test for KH?

Does your pond have any air being pumped into it?

Thanks for answering these questions.
I don't have that kind of tests I have strips and nitrates are all low. I have an oase pump and filter. I appreciate ur help

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@MermaidTracy We are trying to help you, but that means we need to know what’s going on in the pond and with the water. You need to know that, as well. There are so many things that can cause fish to die…..but almost 100% of the time it’s due to poor water quality. And, there are many factors that go into keeping water quality good. That’s why we ask questions. The more answers you are able to give us, the better we can give you advice. Can you get a liquid test kit? If not, strips are better than nothing….but we need yo to tell us WHAT those results are. Take a picture with the results card.

Ask a Question