hey all

Reaction score
I'm 3 years into my backyard pond and now i'm wondering how many fish is too many! They're spawning like crazy, already have 59 from the census during the spring cleaning and already see 20 or so fry swimming in the bogs

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 164
Reaction score
Welcome! No idea on the fry problem, you'll probably end up with 30 different opinions on that topic.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and depends on how big your pond is and how good your filtration is .Why don't you offer them free on craigs list or in your local paper i bet there are lots of people around your area looking for fish

Reaction score
actually looking at your pond dementions, mine is very similar. about 25x10x 4ft deep. bogs are about 12" deep and 4'w x 12' long

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
love your rope lights .I see they have them to go inside pools and ponds and just came back from my neighbors house he saw me out there weeding and needed help hooking his up in his new pool .He got the LED ones and will be interesting to see what they look like tonight .Thing is we really needed 3 people but managed with 2 .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcome-1-1-1.gif

to our group!

Feed your fish less, keep them hungry they will eat the eggs as they are laid. Mine spawned again today (this is about the 10th chase I have seen), hitting the vegetation, splashing smashing, the herd following snacking on the eggs. Still have not seen one fry, except some rosey red frys

Reaction score
welcome-1-1-1.gif

to our group!

Feed your fish less, keep them hungry they will eat the eggs as they are laid. Mine spawned again today (this is about the 10th chase I have seen), hitting the vegetation, splashing smashing, the herd following snacking on the eggs. Still have not seen one fry, except some rosey red frys

they're in there...maybe you should get a snorkel, mask and fins for a better looksy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i know there has to be some somewhere, the first spawning was long ago enough they should have some size. I never see a single fry, in the pond lots messing around. Last year the fry hung around the edges of the pond, easy to spot, none so far. None in the skimmer. None on the camera.

Ask a Question