j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I shall have to mind my p's and q's whiskey. Had to look this up after all these yrs of dwelling on this earth and never bothering to wonder why? Funny what I found out........funny to me anyways!

Another origin for "Mind your p's and q's that I never knew about...............it's fit's your name whiskey,lol!

Another origin comes from English pubs and taverns of the seventeenth century. Bartenders would keep a watch on the alcohol consumption of the patrons; keeping an eye on the pints and quarts that were consumed. As a reminder to the patrons, the bartender would recommend they "mind their Ps and Qs". This may also have been a reminder to bartenders not to confuse the two units, written as "p" and "q" on the tally slate.

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
hi all almost finished the new front.....looking good just awaiting email from mesh guy. you can all blame larkin, he put me on to this, well i did ask for it . The plan is to put a staple shape gauze mesh, on a diagonal slant,from left to right, with a outlet for waste on right hand side, running to a waste bucket. hopefully all will work, but not sure about diagonal exit with flow vertical downwards. WOULD THIS DEFEAT THE THE OBJECT, WIll WATER PRESSURE PUSH MUCK THROUGH SIEVE, TIME WILL TELL. [any thoughts folks ]

Attachments

• DSC00727.JPG
    DSC00727.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 233

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, I'm to blame? Only if it works! LOL If you watch the video's you see how the pressure actually seperates the gunk from the water. 300 micron seems to be the best application of mesh for seperation. the sheeting of the water pushes the gunk to the bottom to be drained off where the water continues on. I can't see why a diagonal discharge wouldn't work. should be interesting and if it works I can see it be a great benefit to overall pond clarity and health improvement. I'll be watching this to see how it does. If this project turns out anything like the water wheel it should be VERY interesting.

whiskey

Reaction score
well what a day thousands of things to do, yet managed to complete gauze fitting. TALK ABOUT FIDDLEY. Purchased a 1mt square of 20 gauge mesh. Got some thin brown sheet to cut out template [see photo] laid template on mesh, cut larger than needed so to fold the edges to stiffen. I used two pieces of mesh and slightly moved top piece to centre over bottom mesh to give me finer screen, fitted and 1st coat of paint....then ran out of natural light.. Will test run tomorrow and resolve any problems, until then enjoy photos

Attachments

• DSC00727.JPG
    DSC00727.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC00728.JPG
    DSC00728.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 271
  • DSC00729.JPG
    DSC00729.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC00730.JPG
    DSC00730.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 306

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pretty nice idea making it work for a living while sitting there looking nice ta boot!

whiskey

Reaction score
hi all thanks go out to larkin for planting the concept and being able to show jw the differents between [ ok ] and something unique. All working fine , to start with used a small peice of sofit air vent, to sieve out leaves before entering sieve diagonal cage and exiting out into filter bag
this short video show waste in bag after 10 ,minutes.....even a little red worm...amazing.

Attachments

• DSC00731.JPG
    DSC00731.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 274

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey, hey now be nice to me..........I'm just learning about all this stuff and find it quite interesting what you can do w/ your beauty of a water wheel. Thought at first it was just for a fantastic decoration but turned out to be a wonderful filtering system and easy to maintain too! Now what ya gonna do w/ yourself whiskey? You can't just sit outside and watch the wheel go round and round

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They were a special group of guys.................too bad they are not all here and together again. I remember hearing the song "I wanna hold your hand way, way long ago on a bus to the mountains for ski lessons in the 9th grade. You're too young to remember that whiskey!

whiskey

Reaction score
THANK YOU LARKIN youve helped me complete a journey, hope everyone else enjoyed. jw i got news for you i was on heathrow viewing roof top back in 1963, at a tender age of 19,with thousand of scream women and .....men. For me next year, making top pond deeper, by building up brickwork plus new liner to replace torn one, although repaired, just hope it lasts the cold months of winter.

Ask a Question