j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Getting closer and closer to the water test............................wonderful work........and I'm being as patient as I can
theyeballs-1.gif

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
a watch kettle they say never boils...........................................................................just as well its a wheel..........less waiting for your turn...he he :LOL:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ya know they (whoever they are) do say that but guess what it really does boil if you watch it long enough.....................take my word for it :alieneyesa:

Reaction score
Whiskey, this is beautiful~! I have told my husband about it, he's a trim carpenter by trade. Gonna send him a link to it as well and try to get him to build me one :)

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
DR DAVE you asked after name of timber, its called "maranti" a hardwood with good strength and fairly light. Before i retired i purchase over 1000mts to do my conservatory, its easy to use and joins great.

Thanks for the reply, I have bee following this very carefully. I love the detail and thank you for the skills you are sharing with us.

whiskey

Reaction score
hi all , well to day very hot in shed nearly 87f due to metal roof. Thanks DrDave for your kind comments, only trying to help others, if they take the time out and making it possible for others to get joy from building something for them selves, like our moderators and other well know members there online to help, likewise. Addy1 to make everyone one a nice thought but this wheel a one off. today made four paddles and cut ,sanded the otherside , got three more paddles to make, then its making bottom tray to hold water etc, so still work to be done. Photo shows five paddles in place.

Attachments

• DSC00598.JPG
    DSC00598.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 276

whiskey

Reaction score
DrDave angle is 30 degrees on the paddle, with the hub at right angle [ vertical ], is should give enough cup [ weight of water ] to make wheel turn. yes off the cuff ive no plan as such, my tutor many years ago said.....if you can draw it you should be able to make it in wood.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My previous husband was a machinist, he could take a chunk of metal and transform it.

You have that ability whiskey, a gift, he was the same way never drew anything just did it.

Ask a Question