Hi and hope you can offer some advice.

brokensword

...and not every pond in Michigan has a loon!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi thanks for your comments, I will check with the string as you suggest and get a pic. No our average lowest temps for the winter are around 12-15 degrees C. So the variation is minimal temp wise. But rain we get lots especially this time of the year because is the monsoon season.
having little temp fluctuation will really help. Rain shouldn't be an issue if your pond foundation is solid, as in water can't do much damage to it. The rain might influence water quality as it's typically more acidic in nature. If you get that much and it's a concern, take readings periodically and monitor. You want pH stable and a lot of that is determined by the KH, which affects your pond's ability to handle pH changes. Plants help too. If you haven't, do take readings of your source water so you know where you're starting from.

And you THINK you're done, but a lot of us know a pond is never really DONE; you're always tweaking and enhancing but that keeps the hobby alive, imo! Looks great! Keep us in the loop as we love to see others have success with their ponds, esp via pictures!!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Thanks, yes I agree I have had a koi pond for many, many years, however this is the first that I have actually built myself haha. My outside pond is the bigger challenge and the biggest I have ever had.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question