Rebuild Final Stages...I hope

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
A very rain filled month has me a couple of weeks behind . I have pumped several inches of water multiple times in the last 2 weeks. But todays forecast for afternoon rain did not happen so I was able to complete the plumbing and some finishing touches on the shell.
This is a picture of the completed shell
IMG_0130.JPG

View from behind waterfall
IMG_0131.JPG

I will be out early tomorrow to put in the liner because there is a "chance" of afternoon rain. Hopefully that comes after the liner is in so I get some free water..
I will post more pictures once the liner is in and pond is full.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
good job good luck , so u decided to have separate bog in start instead beeing inside stream, thats best
i love shelves too , u have left alot of space for plants and sun light , wild life etc

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
good job good luck , so u decided to have separate bog in start instead beeing inside stream, thats best
i love shelves too , u have left alot of space for plants and sun light , wild life etc
Yes but ran into major issues with the bog. I spent several hours trying to get a separate liner in there and finally gave up. The issue was not realizing how many folds the liner would create in a 5 x 2 some what oval shaped bog. I planned on using 2 matrix boxes that fit with some room between the box and the walls before the liner was inserted. Unfortunately they didn't fit with all the liner folds so as of now I'm scrapping the bog . The plumbing is there but right now I need to get the pond and stream completed.
The plant shelf was there from original build so I expanded the shelf as well. Hoping to attract lots of pond friendly wild life

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for the compliments. Thankfully I'm not a project manager with deadlines because I would not last. This is taking alot longer than than I projected. Even had myself convinced the fish would be in by today. As you can see in the pictures not there yet but trudging along. My kids and even the grandkids have been a huge help. Well except for 2 1/2 year old Patrick who thought it would be fun to throw gravel onto the under liner as we were getting the liner ready.
Overall accomplished a lot. The pond edging is 90% done and the rocks are built up to create the waterfall. Next couple of days I hope to complete the stream edging....okay realistically by the end of the week or maybe the weekend.
Had one set back with the bog and after several hours had to scrap it. See my reply in post 14 to Usman.
IMG_0132.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0133.JPG

This is something new I'm trying . I teed off the plumbing to the waterfall to create a line to the pond close to were the stream enters the pond. My intention for this is to increase water movement and/or aeration. I will attach 1" flexible tubing so I can move it ito different areas.
IMG_0134.JPG

Ask a Question