Hi! First pond ever

Reaction score
so well we pretty much finished digging out our pond yesterday =] its 33x23 and lowest point is 6 feet... we dug it all out by hand lol yeah next time im using a backhoe LOL but i just wanted to share ill post pictures soon! Does anyone know where online to buy a good liner at? thanks in advanced

Reaction score
IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
know what you meed digging by hand dug mine out myself and put liner in what a laugh that was /I got my small liner for my waterfall on ebay for 18 dollars and he shipped for free 5x6 and they have a lot of things there but addy got a nice liner from a place too .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They have a lot of liners and pumps and other stuff and I always look at the ones who ship free or are close by where I can pick it up .you cheated LOL you provided yourself with shade

Reaction score
sissy said:
They have a lot of liners and pumps and other stuff and I always look at the ones who ship free or are close by where I can pick it up .you cheated LOL you provided yourself with shade

Haha it's was the most brilliant idea After the first day I dug and got a sunburn haha it's not cheating!! :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh well where you when I got my sunburn digging .was a great idea have to admit .Must be thin air here because I didn't think of it first .must have been the sun:lol::):lol::LOL:I will think of more excuses and get back to you .

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Check Webbs Water Gardens. I looked all over theweb for the best liner price and they beat everybody else for price & shipping.

Reaction score
Welcome! Can't wait to see the finished project :) I got my pond liner off of ebay through graystone -creations..type in firestone pond liner and they should be the top seller of that liner. Happy Ponding.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I got my first one from a roofing company and used it for several yrs til I made a bigger pond and bought a larger liner from an irrigation company near here. It's in the pond right now and no problems. They were both the same Firestone liner you find anywhere and the price was reasonable and it was local so no shipping........just pick it up and take it home :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Great pictures, Nilz, and wow, is that an amazing design! I'm very inspired to do more than originally planned for my first pond this spring/summer. Thanks for sharing.:fechten2:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
LOL, Sissy, I don't have anything written down or drawn out yet, so does it count as "changing" then? :) It's all in my head, and was VERY simply dog leg pond, now I have visions of waterfalls out of stones, pathways, streams, etc. It may take me all summer to figure out exactly what I will want and how large to go. Love this forum! Soooo much information to be had, but Note to self: Do not open Garden Pond Forum website in the morning!" I've been little late to work yesterday and today. Need to save my Pond time for evenings instead. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no evidence if it's in your head huh using that hmmmm lol oh not good to be late for work remember ponds are not cheap and you may need a second job too ,just kidding (but maybe not ) if you keep getting ideas

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CountryEscape said:
LOL, Sissy, I don't have anything written down or drawn out yet, so does it count as "changing" then? :) It's all in my head, and was VERY simply dog leg pond, now I have visions of waterfalls out of stones, pathways, streams, etc. It may take me all summer to figure out exactly what I will want and how large to go. Love this forum! Soooo much information to be had, but Note to self: Do not open Garden Pond Forum website in the morning!" I've been little late to work yesterday and today. Need to save my Pond time for evenings instead. :)

Take pictures of your land where you think your pond will be. Load on to your puter and start painting in your pond. Even with doing that my pond changed as I built it. Close to drawings, but not the same.

One of the reasons you don't buy your liner until you have your hole dug!
and get to work, need the paycheck to support the pond!

Ask a Question